Today’s post is brought to you by Jacque at The DIY Village! We’re still unpacking the house, so I’m super excited to have her taking over my blog today to share some awesome DIY project ideas and tutorials with you guys! (If you want to pin any of her awesome tutorials, make sure to click over to her blog first please!)
Hey everyone! It has been such a long time since we have been over here at Practically Functional I thought it would be a good idea to introduce myself! I’m Jacque from The DIY Village; I DIY with my husband Matt. We are constantly working on what seems to be our never ending honey-do list which recently got even longer with the arrival of our first child on Halloween. She was a whopping 6 weeks early and was the best Halloween treat we have ever gotten!
While Jessi is getting settled into her new place I’m going to share 10 great DIY projects that I am almost positive anyone can do!
10. DIY Spice Rack – If you are looking for a unique spice rack that is not only functional but super easy to make, this is the post for you! In one afternoon you can make your own!
9. Board and Batten Focal Wall – Our half bathroom was beyond boring and oddly long. To help break up the random long wall we created a Board and Batten feature. Don’t have a table saw to rip your boards? Don’t let that stop you most home improvement stores will do this for you for … FREE!
8. Tealight Lantern turned into LED Light – I adore IKEA almost as much as my daughter! Seriously though IKEA is the bomb! This is one of my favorite Hacks!
7. DIY Dog Bowl Chairs – While this may not be for everyone these chairs are so functional it isn’t even funny! Who says old chairs are just trash?
6. Kitchen Countertop Makeover – Plauged with countertops that were well used and not loved so much Matt and I thought it would be fun to give them a facelift. You have to come see the process to fully understand the before and after!
5. Rolling Wine Crate Storage – Most of my mommy friends enjoy nice glass of wine, so if you have old wine crates or come across them at a yard sale snag them up! With a little paint and stain you can turn old wine crates into fashionable toy storage!
4. Living Room Makeover – It is amazing what a difference to a room paint can make. DIY can’t get any easier than this!
3. Tulip Door Wreath – Spring is right around the corner. This DIY is not only easy to make but easy on the pocket book. Would you believe me if I told you these flowers are from the Dollar Tree?
2. Custom Kitchen Pantry – Okay so this DIY may not be for everyone. BUT it was worth every second of hard work and even the side eye Matt shot me when I asked for slider drawers! You will never look at your builder grade bi-fold pantry the same … ever!
1. Pop-Up Photo Box – This is a great keep sake for anyone. Can you imagine making one of these for your mom on mothers day with pictures of the first time she held you, with you on your wedding day, and maybe holding your first born … I think I may have just made myself tear up at the thought! If you want a DIY gift that will make anyone melt this is the project for you!
I hope you all enjoyed some of my favorite DIY projects and follow along with our latest DIY’s! This month we are working on penny tile in our kids bathroom.
Jacque and Matt have some of the coolest projects around; I want a big dog just so I can make that awesome elevated feeding station out of chairs!!! Thanks so much for the project ideas Jacque!
I link up at these awesome parties!
More posts you might like!
Latest posts by Jessi Wohlwend (see all)
- Homemade Wassail Recipe In The Slow Cooker - October 16, 2017
- 22 DIY Toddler Halloween Costumes - October 13, 2017
- Creativity Unleashed #194 - October 12, 2017
- FREE Green Cleaning Concentrates Kit From Grove Collaborative - October 10, 2017
- Homemade Pumpkin Butter Recipe In The Slow Cooker - October 9, 2017