I received two more blogger awards this week!
Have I mentioned already how much I love the blogging community? It’s so supportive and fun, and I love that these blogger awards exist as a way to publicly show a bit of love to some of the awesome blogs out there.
I received the Versatile Blogger award from Tanya at Twelve-O-Eight. I just love Tanya’s blog; she always has some pretty amazing projects going on over there! Have you seen her shabby Paris towel holder or her rustic modern mirror made with paint stir sticks? Amazing! She keeps linking fun projects up to my weekly party and I’m always so impressed and inspired!
So thanks a ton for the award Tanya!
UPDATE: I was nominated for the Versatile Blogger award a second time by Angi from SchneiderPeeps! Her blog is pretty amazing and you should all go check it out. Thanks for the nomination Angi!
And the other award I received was the Liebster blog award from Lauren at The Well Crafted Home. Lauren’s blog is really fun and she is always doing inspiring crafty things. She has been working on her dining room recently and made some adorable floral centerpieces and burlap placemats. Super cute!
Thanks for the Liebster award Lauren!
And now for the best part, I get to pass them on! Hurray!
Here are the rules for the Versatile Blogger award:
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and include a link to their site.
- Include the award image in your post.
- Give 7 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers for the award; include a link to their sites and let them know they have been nominated.
So here we go, 7 random facts:
- I am a recent transplant to Chicago (well, I guess it’s been two years, so not that recent…) I was born and raised in Northern California (Bay Area) and spent the first 23 years of my life there. I loved it, but I’m REALLY loving Chicago, so I currently don’t have plans to move back anytime soon.
- I am a huge nerdy sci-fi fangirl! Most people probably spent their 4th of July hanging out with friends, BBQing, setting off fireworks, etc. I spent it on Tumblr reblogging ridiculous GIFs from Buffy, Firefly, The Avengers, Doctor Who, Torchwood, Star Trek, etc. And I make no apologies!
- Corollary to #2, I have a mini fangirl crush on Spike (from Buffy, not from My Little Pony). But he’ll never replace Nathan Fillion, who holds a very special place in my heart
- I love candy! It’s my weakness. Not a huge fan of baked desserts, but I’ll take some theater candy any day!
- Don’t ask me to pick my favorite anything. I have way too much ADD to just pick one!
- I love to travel, and luckily JM does too.
- I recently rediscovered my love of photography and have had TONS of fun taking pictures with my fun new DSLR!
Here are a few awesome bloggers I’d like to pass the Versatile Blogger award on to:
- Meegan from What Meegan Makes
- Bonnie and Trish from Uncommon
- Shannah from Just Us Four
- Jennifer from Monkey See Monkey Do
- Jacque from The DIY Village
- Jen from Four Marrs & One Venus
- Jessica from Stay At Home-ista
- Jill from Made It On Monday
- Michael from A Daddy Blog
- Rachel from Adventures Of A DIY Mom
And here are the rules for the Liebster Award:
- Thank the person who presented you with the award on your blog.
- Link back to the blogger who gave you the award.
- Copy and paste the award on your blog
- Present the Liebster Award to 5 other bloggers with less than 200 followers.
- Let them know you’ve chosen them by leaving a comment on their blog.
Sometimes it’s a little hard to tell how many followers a blog has. And does the award mean RSS subscribers only, or do Facebook followers count as well? I’m not super clear on the concept, but I’ve done my best! So I’d like to present the Liebster award to the following bloggers:
- Lisa from Wine and Glue
- Holly from A Baker’s House
- Lisa from Creative Raisins
- Katie from Reality Chef (I’m cheating a bit, she also has a second blog called Canon In Deed, which I also nominate!)
- Barb from Second Chance To Dream
All of you ladies (and Michael!) are totally awesome and you deserve these awards! I hope you have fun with them!